Thursday, November 16, 2006

Zoo Baby

In May 2005, one of the gorillas, Binti Jua, had a baby boy that the zoo guests named Bakari. He's a funny little guy. I've tried and tried to get a good picture of him but since he's so active I usually just have a gorgeous picture of blurry fur.

Until now! Here is a picture that doesn't look like I took it while hanging out the window of a moving car! I like how he's looking back at the crowd of people looking at him. Shortly after I snapped this he climbed down the the tree branch below him, then he grabbed the rope/vine and hung upside down on it.

2 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 7:38 AM, Blogger sari said...

He's beautiful!

I love gorillas and chimps and orangatans. We have a baby orangatan at our zoo, she is so cute.

Thanks for sharing this!

 
At 11/17/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Eva said...

Wow! You volunteer at the zoo, that is SO cool. Great picture, too!

I'm off to read more of your posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home