Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One glove

I get cold in our drafty apartment and while it is easy to curl up in a blanket, my hands are all chilled and exposed as I type away. I decided to make fingerless gloves with my new found crochet skills. Four days later I have....one glove! And I'm wearing it as I type. I'm using this pattern with a really soft acrylic yarn in a shimmery light tan color. When I was picking the color I stood in the aisle shoving my hands in part of the skein of yarn to see how soft it was. Some little old lady looked at me like I pooped and tried to hand it to her. Sorry lil old lady, don't mind me, I'm just feeling up the yarn, I'll get a room when I'm ready.

Soon I'm going to wear both gloves and flaunt my Crochet-fu. Hopefully they'll look pretty much the same...I'm still learning not to skip stitches. If I post pictures of one wrist length glove and one elbow length glove it will be because I made a stylistic choice to make them not match and not that something went horribly wrong.

P.S. On naming that sandwich from yesterday... A coworker suggested I call it "Rip Off On A McMuffin" and I took his red swingline stapler in protest.

4 Comments:

At 11/16/2006 7:58 AM, Blogger sari said...

"Crochet-fu", that's funny!

 
At 11/16/2006 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh. Thanks for the link to the pattern. I'm a crocheter and not a knitter and love to find new patterns.

I've been considering, like today, to learn how to knit too. You, know, expand my horizons.

Love your blog and I'm so jealous about your volunteer work at the zoo! My house is kind of like a zoo, but nothing like the real thing!

 
At 11/16/2006 3:50 PM, Blogger chipper said...

I've crocheted some of those wrist warmers and love 'em. I also like to chain long enough to fit around the wrist, and then just crochet in the round til long enough to get to the thumb. chain 2 or 3 for a thumb space and continuing to crochet. Made some really long ones with fun fur on the ends for my daughter (4) who loves them. I'm sure your second one will be perfect!!

As for the sandwich name, I don't have one. BUT, if you need a home for that red swingline stapler, I know my hubby would love to adopt it ;)

Keep up the great BloMo posting!

 
At 11/17/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Eva said...

Not that this has anything to do with your post per se, but the Cliff Claven in me must comment. I heard (or read) somewhere that the Swingline had previously stopped making red staplers like the one in Office Space until people started demanding them after the movie came out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home