Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mountain Ewww

Last week I gave up caffiene. I was having trouble sleeping through the night and thought about my habits before bed and realized I was drinking Mountain Dew at 8 or 9pm. No wonder I couldn't fall asleep or woke up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and then lay staring at the ceiling. I weaned myself a bit by drinking less and less pop each day until last Tuesday evening I just drank water w/ lemon in it.

All day Wednesday I felt like a crap sandwich. My head hurt, my face hurt and was so heavy, and I felt really tired. I think I went to bed at 9pm that night. I couldn't stay awake (hey helped with the sleep problem right away, heh)

The next day, also felt really bad but I didn't give up. Friday I felt mostly human and started to feel bouncy as the afternoon went on. No more headache! I had heard that when you stopped drinking caffiene you got headaches but I had a whole face ache. As bad as it was, I am beginning to think it's worth it. I slept the whole night through Saturday even with the daylight saving time change.

Now, I'm feeling well and I see a difference in my skin too. I haven't used as much lotion. I also feel energetic when I wake up instead of groggy. Hopefully the good benefits will stay and I won't feel tempted to crack open a can of Mountain Dew.

1 Comments:

At 3/14/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger meno said...

Stay strong!

Caffeine is a drug. I try and stay away from it as it does bad things to me too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home