Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sugar buzz

I was only home for about 3 hours today (Saturday) and I know the Date Stamp says Sunday but I haven't gone to bed yet so I'm counting today as Saturday Dec. 2nd still. I woke up at 7, was out the door to the zoo at 9:15, back home at 3:30, out the door again at 4:30 to drive to my parents house. There I met up with my mom and took her to part of her Christmas present. We went and saw Clay Aiken's Holiday show. Mind you, I didn't buy the tickets - she did. The present was me going with her so she could have a concert buddy.

Yes, my mom likes Clay alot but at least she's not an official Clay-mate or Clay-maniac or whatever middle aged women that like/love/obsess over Clay are calling themselves. I've not seen so many people 20 years older than me acting like 13 year old girls. I don't get it at all - he has a nice voice but I'm not going to scream his name and act like a goober when I see him. A local orchestra - The Bill Porter Orchestra - was his "band". The orchestra played a lovely set of music for 40 minutes, then Clay came out and sang for 2 hours. He picked on the woman in the 4th row that had binoculars, tilting his head back and telling her to get a good look up his nose. And there were women that follow him from concert to concert so he called some of them out by name. All in all it was a pretty good concert and Clay was dorky enough w/ his stage banter to amuse me.

After the show was over, we drove around trying to find a place to get something for the road and stopped at Steak N' Shake so now I'm buzzed on sugar from a Strawberry milkshake. I'll probably crash like a two-year old who didn't take a nap in about....5 minutes but I figure I'll enjoy the hyper feeling for now.

Today at the zoo I got to actually hold 7 different animals because there was no one around. We counted 12 people that came into our building the 4 hours I was there! I will be giving more details about that tomorrow - one of the animals I held climbed inside my cuff on my pants leg. Betcha can't guess the animal! *heh*

3 Comments:

At 12/03/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger sari said...

First you're a Clay-mate, then you let some strange animal in your pants.

heavens, your blog is getting PG!

:-)

 
At 12/04/2006 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm 26 and I'll scream out his name if I go to his concert
...just for the mere fact that he's cute and sings like no other singer today. It shouldn't matter what age you are. It's what fans do. He's not a guys artist so we really don't expect you guys to get it. Get it now?

 
At 12/04/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Disgruntled-Owl said...

well, anonymous, I'm not a guy - I'm a female and I do't really think he's cute. He's talented but not screamworthy in my opinion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home