Monday, December 04, 2006

Live long and prosper

My cat, Tater Tot, hordes paper. She plays fetch with wadded up scraps of paper - I never taught her to, she just started fetching things one day when she was teensy. She will drag receipts out of my purse and bring them to me so I can crinkle them up and fling them across the room. When she's done playing she stuffs her paper balls under the furniture. Lately she's started to bring me weirder bits of paper. She dragged one of those magazine subscription cards into the bathroom when I was brushing my hair. She brought me the backing sheet from the self-adhesive stamps I had just used up. But she saved the best for today.

I was sitting in the living room, waiting for my husband to come back from a business trip, feeling tired, achy from scraping snow off cars, grumpy, and kind of depressed from a Monday full of crap at work. Tater trots up to me, drops a tiny scrap of paper on the couch cushion and meows really, really loud. I look down and she brought me a fortune from a fortune cookie! I can't remember the last time I had a fortune cookie so she must have been hiding this lil scrap of paper for months.

It says "You will enjoy good health and financial independence."

Thanks for cheering me up, Tater Tot. I'll share my financial independence with you by giving you all my receipts :)

1 Comments:

At 12/05/2006 9:53 PM, Blogger meno said...

That's so sweet i may get diabetes. I used to have a fetch cat, many years ago. She liked foil balls.

Smart cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home