Thursday, December 07, 2006

6 weird things about me

Eva over at Sveedish tagged me to post 6 weird things about myself. I can think of more than 6 but I don't want to scare you all away now, do I?

[The rules...Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things about You".People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their blog.]

YAY WEIRD!

1. I walk and talk in my sleep and will talk back and have little sleepy conversations. My husband started recording me with our digital camera especially after the time he found me in the kitchen holding 8 forks in one hand and a can of bean sprouts in the other wailing that I was hungry because "All my dinner wore off." He wanted to show me how weird it was since I didn't always believe what he told me I was doing. Like the one time I tried to go outside in the middle of the night in my sleep to "walk the cow".

I also make up songs in my sleep. One morning I was humming in the shower and I couldn't figure out what the song was from and I hummed it to Josh and he said it was a song I was singing in my dream about a one-eyed pug dog wearing a top hat named Beauregarde. The song goes, "Walking into walls cause you've only got one eye, Beau-re-GARDE!!"

2. I think snakes and rats and bats are adorable. I love lizards and bugs like the zoo's praying mantises. They never scare me or spook me, even if they try to climb up my sleeve. I'd rather play with one of them than a large dog. Large dogs scare me. I get all nervous around them, maybe because I'm short and I worry about them knocking me over or jumping on me. I can't really think of many animals that make me nervous other than large dogs.

3. I have weird allergies. I'm allergic to wool. And sulfites - so I can't have wine or avocado or most antibiotics. I don't get the common allergies like peanuts, instead I have to make sure I don't hug someone wearing a wool suit or I'll get all hivey. If an avocado hugged me wearing wool...watch out! Super hive face!

4. I buy bubble wrap just to pop it. Sometimes I buy the kind with the big bubbles and stomp around on them.

5. Raw tomatoes squick me out, I don't even want to touch them or look at them and I can't stand to have them on my plate. I can't stand the goo and seeds around the tomato flesh. I will eat raw tomatoes if they are chopped up into little chunks and all that goo is removed (like in salsa or on a taco salad). I'm giving myself the heebie jeebies just typing this.

6. I always have a wet nap with me. Wet naps are an important part of life. They smell like lemons (which I love), they are in a tiny package (love tiny things), and because you can horde them and they don't take up a lot of room. And sometimes they have funny sayings (like Buffalo Wild Wings has the best). If they somehow merged bubble wrap and wet naps into a single product I'd buy a case a week.

I tag
Meno
Pappy's Fella (or Pappy if he wants to contribute)
Kate
3dogcache
Weaver

10 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 7:35 AM, Blogger sari said...

The pug dog song is funny! I used to have a pug so a one-eyed pug, good song material!

I'm also allergic to wool, in addition to the hives I get all headachey. I'm working on a counted-cross stitch pillow right now and the threads are wool. I'm trying to whip through it because after a little while, I start getting a bad headache and have to put it away, it's slow going.

I wish I would have looked more carefully at the thread before I bought it, but it's a chihuahua and I couldn't resist it.

 
At 12/08/2006 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've found Beauregard, only instead of having one eye he's got laserbeams.

Pappy's Fella

 
At 12/08/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Nat said...

I think I've found Beauregard, only instead of having one eye he's got laserbeams.

Pappy's Fella

 
At 12/08/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Nat said...

I think I've found Beauregard, only instead of having one eye he's got laserbeams.

Pappy's Fella

 
At 12/08/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Nat said...

I think I've found Beauregard, only instead of having one eye he's got laserbeams.

Pappy's Fella

 
At 12/08/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Nat said...

I think I've found Beauregard, only instead of having one eye he's got laserbeams.

Pappy's Fella

 
At 12/08/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger meno said...

Well thank you for the tag. I will answer in a few days.

I am maybe not allergic to wool, but i can't wear it or be near it, even cashmere. It itches like ants are crawling all over me.

 
At 12/08/2006 8:41 PM, Blogger chipper said...

I gave you my weird even if it was a pretty sad (read-boring) list :)

 
At 12/09/2006 4:08 AM, Blogger Nat said...

Sorry about the million comments... Blogger was doing something weird yesterday where it was hanging on login. I guess it wasn't really hanging after all. I wouldn't complain in the least if you axed them all.

I passed along the tagging today. Just call me Typhoid Pappy.

 
At 12/13/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the best laugh I've had in ages!

I'm going to have to do one of these now.

Hi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home