Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Presents I Made - Part 1: Cupcake Face



Here is the amigurumi cupcake pin cushion I made for my sister for Christmas. It is life size so it fits in the palm of your hand and the needle stuck in it is a huge yarn needle (about 3 inches long). The vanilla cupcake was made with a shiny tan yarn for the vanilla cake part and worsted weight acrylic yarn for the frosting. Then I put multicolored sprinkles all over the top. I filled the bottom of the cupcake with a dry black beans for weight (they are wrapped in plastic so they don't get icky) and the top has stuffing inside. My sister really loved it and I already bought supplies to make another one with either white or pink frosting.

Cupcake butt!

2 Comments:

At 1/01/2007 8:38 AM, Blogger sari said...

That is very cute!

 
At 1/13/2007 12:46 AM, Blogger Eva said...

I'm with Sari on this one. That's just about one of the cutest things ever. And the cupcake butt! Oh my god. You are so talented! Makes me think of this cute Japanese character that I fell in love with a couple years ago (from an alternative to the Sanrio family). Kogepan. http://lazyjuice.com/!/kogepan/
So cute that I can barely stand it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home