Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Greetings

Hello and welcome, I'm disgruntled_owl but today I'm feeling anything but disgruntled.

Last year I wrote 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo. I went each weekend to Write-In's at the local Barnes and Nobles. I had plot cards and outlines. I wrote at night and during work and let the dishes pile up and ignored my social life, except for going to meet with other writers and agonize over what we were writing. I did a sci-fi/fantasy novel which I may write about this month - the story ended but I never felt finished with it. I also never edited it so almost 60,000 words are just sitting on my flash drive. It's hybernating! I was going to do NaNo again this year but I couldn't get the enthusiasm up for it. I check fussy everyday and was excited to see what Mrs. Kennedy was organizing. Also, I don't have as much free time because I recently started a new hobby.

Crocheting. Yep, I can't stop crocheting. I've tried to learn how from books before and couldn't quite catch on. My younger sister wanted to make handmade Christmas presents together this year so we decided on learning it together. Checked out a video at the library with lessons from an adorable older lady who talks so sweet and calm, named Bev Dillon. As I'm trying to learn and I'm shouting at the tv "Slow Down Bev!" "Dammit I skiped a stitch!" I imagine Bev stopping, holding her crochet hook up and saying "Calm down hootchie and keep focused! Focus beyotch!". *heh*

I've made a scarf, a few presents for friends and started an afgan. I made some items from the Stitch and Bitch Happy Hooker book. I love being crafty but hate the mess most crafts leave in my small apartment. Crochet is mess free, just yarn and a hook and a pattern book.

So now I'm going to NaBloPoMo, crochet, and be happy curled up at home since it's really cold right now. Maybe tomorrow I'm be disgruntled.

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Nat said...

We're following a similar route for Xmas presents, but we're letting Pappy do all the fine work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home